As part of my course I need to design a question that can be reviewed against literature from New Zealand and other countries. The purpose of my literature review is to critically examine the literature in my chosen area:
- Provide an overview of the research that has been conducted in a particular topic, using a range of sources
- Describe and summarise the findings of previous research
- Make connections and compare and contrast research findings
- Evaluate and analyse the research findings and organise information into coherent themes.
- What areas for further research are suggested in the literature?
- What gaps / silences exist in the literature?
My original question was:
To what extent can targeted IT professional development assist primary teachers to become 21st Century Learners so they can improve the learning outcomes of students?
But the more I read, the more I’m reminded that being a 21st Century Learner is not just about technology… it’s about collaboration, the ability to critically think about problems , find solutions, and of course digital literacy.
So the more I read, the more I see my original question morphing….
To what extent can blogging assist primary teachers to become 21st century learners to improve the learning outcomes of their students?
To what extent can digital fluency assist primary teachers to become 21st century learners to improve the learning outcomes of their students?
Will keep you posted on what question I finally decide to go with… or maybe the questions will morph into something else….